Wodonga Council was pleased to announce Brian Trebilcock as February's Eagle Award winner.
The award recognises people in our city who, through their volunteer work, are making a difference to the community.
Mr Trebilcock has made a large contribution to our city, donating around 300 hours of labor each year to maintain David Winterbottom Reserve.
Some of the tasks he has worked on include:
- Conducting revegetation
- Weed management
- Planting of advanced trees along the pathways
- Removal of woody weeds from House Creek
- Co-ordinating other volunteers
- Liaising with council to improve the reserve
- Installing public art and signage
- Maintenance of timber furniture
Mr Trebilcock has also helped secure grants to build assets in David Winterbottom Park, including a shelter shed with seating and a nature walking trail along the creekside.
He is a wonderful role model and his knowledge of the local reserve and hands-on skills are most valuable to the community.