Wodonga Council

Page URL: https://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/About-Council/Rates/Payments


 /  About CouncilRatesPayments

When are rates due?

Payment of rates are by instalments with the amounts paid on or before the following dates:

  • First instalment – September 30;
  • Second instalment – November 30;
  • Third instalment – February 28; and,
  • Fourth instalment – May 31.

Reminder notices are sent for the second, third and fourth instalments. Late or overdue payments will attract interest charges.

If you are having difficulty paying your rates please contact the council on (02) 6022 9300 to discuss alternative payment options.

How do I pay my rates?

Details of each payment method and dates are outlined on your rates notice.

How can I receive my rates notice?



I am a pensioner, do I get a discount on my rates?

A rate concession is granted to eligible pensioners who have full entitlements for the rating period.

If you hold a card that grants you full entitlements and have not received a concession for the property that is your sole place of residence, you need to fill in and return the application form for a rates concession.

You can complete the application form online for a concession card.

You may also be eligible for the municipal rates pension concession in the previous financial year. You can only claim the concession on a principal place of residence once for the financial year.

I can't afford to pay my rates now

If you are having difficulties paying your rates, please contact Wodonga Council immediately on (02) 6022 9300.

All inquiries are treated confidentially, and early communication from you may help prevent the commencement of costly legal action for the recovery of outstanding rates.

Council seeks to provide flexible financial arrangement for ratepayers experiencing temporary and genuine financial hardship.

If you are suffering financial hardship, you may apply to the council for a waiver or deferral of rates, charges and penalty interest.

Information on a range of concessions available to all Victorians who are on low incomes or experiencing hardship and need help meeting the cost of living can be found at services.dhhs.vic.gov.au/concessions-and-benefits

Water and sewerage concessions

Information relating to concessions for water and sewerage charges is the responsibility of North East Water.


Have your rates notice delivered to your inbox

You can now register to receive electronic notices direct to your email address with e-notices.

It’s easy to register, you’ll just need to have your rates notice handy when signing up.

If you are a new owner, you will not be able to set up for eNotices until you have received at least one hard copy rate notice.

If you have multiple properties with the same name and address, the other properties will be automatically added to your account.

Register online now