Wodonga Council
Food premises

Page URL: https://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/Business-Investment/Business-in-Wodonga/Food-premises

Food premises

 /  Business + InvestmentBusiness in WodongaFood premises

Starting a food business?

The Food Act 1984 requires any business that prepares, handles, packs or sells any food or drink to be registered with their local city council.

If you will be operating within the Wodonga municipality, you must contact our Environmental Health Department to commence the process to register your premises at least 28 days before opening. 

If you operate from more than one premises, you will need to register each of them. Under the Food Act it is an offence to operate a food business without being registered.

Registration applies to most types of food business, including catering businesses run from home and mobile or temporary premises, such as stalls and vans.

This section contains information, guides, tips and regulations for getting your food-based or health-based business off to a good start.

Chef cooking food in restaurant fire