Wodonga Council is committed to providing the best possible playing surfaces throughout the year for all user groups, with the priority being home and away fixtures and scheduled matches.
There will be times when inclement weather, large rain events, maintenance and unforeseen circumstances will prompt the closure of our ovals and recreation reserves to ensure the surface condition is protected and maintained. However, the council’s aim will be to minimise such closures and it will work closely with the user groups to ensure these closures have minimal impact.
The council will communicate all impending closures by 11am daily through a variety of communication lines including:
Below is a list of alternate training ideas in the event of ground closures.
- Indoor stadiums (WSLC, WSSC, Victory)
- Gym's and fitness centres
- Pools (Waves, GT Aquatics)
- Personal training instructors
- The use of hard standing areas (courts, grandstands, change/club rooms, synthetic surfaces)
- Indoor rock climbing and laser tag