Consultation closed on Wednesday, March 21, 2018.
The Wodonga Central Business Area Car Parking Plan reviews the current issues and opportunities regarding parking and access to parking within the Wodonga CBA. It has been informed through a parking survey and trader questionnaire.
It identifies objectives and actions that will improve access to parking and distribute parking demand evenly within the centre. It also looks at reducing car parking demand in the centre by promoting the use of sustainable transport modes, and improve safety and amenity of the parking areas and linkages throughout the centre.
Did you know?
- There are 3322 car parking spaces in the central business area
- It’s hardest to get a park at 2pm
- 63 per cent of spaces are occupied at the peak time
- There are 68 disabled parking spaces across the CBA
- 26 per cent of spaces have a time limit from one hour to four hours attached to them
- 70 per cent of spaces are unrestricted parking
- The remaining 4 per cent include loading zones, long vehicle and disabled parking
To inspect the plan go to the council’s consultation portal makewodongayours.com.au. A hard copy will be available at Wodonga Library, Baranduda Community Centre, Felltimber Community Centre and at the council’s Hovell St offices.