Council proposes to lease two pieces of land to Ausnet Electricity Services for the installation of power infrastructure for assets.
The proposal is for the installation of kiosk substations at:
- Wodonga Senior Citizen’s Centre, 15 Havelock Street, to power Hyphen Wodonga library gallery; and,
- Baranduda Fields, 160 Kiewa Valley Highway, Baranduda, to power Baranduda Fields regional sporting complex
The full public notice follows:
Notice of Intention to Lease Land
Wodonga City Council (Council) gives notice under Section 115 of the Local Government Act 2020 (Act) of its intention to lease land to Ausnet Electricity Services Ptd Ltd (ACN 064 651 118) for the parcels of land described below (Proposal).
The parcels of land which are subject of the Proposal (Land) are:
- The land shown as ‘L-1’ on the plan below, being the land contained in certificate of title volume 11850 folio 532 located at 15 Havelock Street, Wodonga VIC 3690;
- The land shown as ‘L-1’ on the plan below, being the land contained in certificate of title volume 11092 folio 366 located at 160 Kiewa Valley Highway, Baranduda VIC 3690; and,
- The land shown as ‘L-2’ on the plan below, being the land contained in certificate of title volume 11092 folio 366 located at 160 Kiewa Valley Highway, Baranduda VIC 3690.
The principal terms of each lease will be:
- Rental charge of $1.00 per annum; and,
- The term of the lease is 30 years, with an option to extend for a further 30 years.
A person may make a submission on the Proposal. Any person proposing to make a submission under section 115 of the Act must do so by 5pm on 17 January, 2022.
All submissions will be considered in accordance with section 115 of the Act.
In line with our Community Engagement Policy, any person may make a formal or informal submission on this matter.
A formal submission must include your name, address and contact details. You can use the online form or Formal Submission Template document available on our website.
Formal submissions are published in full in the council report, excluding personal details.
Submissions can be made online, by email, by post or hand-delivered to the council's offices at 104 Hovell St Wodonga.
Written submissions must be clearly marked as "Proposed Lease – Ausnet Services".
Post: PO Box 923, Wodonga, VIC 3689