Wodonga City Council (Council) gives notice under Section 114 of the Local Government Act 2020 (Act) that it intends to sell the land described below (Proposal).
The land which is subject of the Proposal is the land shown as ‘Lot 1’ on the plan below, being part of the land contained in certificate of title volume 11607 folio 544 located at Roche Drive, Barnawartha North VIC 3691 (Land).
- The Proposal is that the Land be sold by private treaty, on the following key terms:
- purchase price of $25 plus GST per square metre, being $3,000,000 plus GST based on a land area of 12ha;
- payment of a deposit equal to 10% of the price;
- the sale will be conditional on:
- the purchaser procuring a planning permit for industrial use of the Land (Planning Permit); and
- Council procuring registration of a plan of subdivision,
- settlement will be due on the date which is 30 days after the later of the date on which:
- the purchaser obtains the Planning Permit; and
- Council gives notification of registration of the plan of subdivision; and
- as a condition of sale, the purchaser must enter into an agreement with Council pursuant to section 173 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, which requires the purchaser to substantially commence and practically complete the development of the Land within specified timeframes.
The parties also propose to enter into a rate concession deed for the Land commencing on the settlement date.
In line with council’s Community Engagement Policy, any person may make a formal or informal submission on this matter.
A formal submission must include your name, address and contact details. You can use the online form or Formal Submission Template document available on our website.
Formal submissions are published in full in the council report, excluding personal details.
Submissions may be made online, by email, post or hand-delivered to the council’s offices at 104 Hovell St Wodonga. Any person proposing to make a submission must do so by 5pm on November 5, 2021.
Written submissions must be clearly marked as “Proposed Land Sale – Roche Drive”.
Post: PO Box 923, Wodonga, VIC, 3689
Chief Executive Officer
Wodonga City Council