The draft Community Engagement Policy outlines the council’s commitment to engaging and consulting its community through appropriate, timely, effective and inclusive practices.
Community feedback and the principles set out in the Local Government Act 2020 are the basis for the policy. Against each principles is the council’s commitment to meet the community’s expectations.
The five principles are as follows.
- Each process will have a clearly defined objective and scope
- Participants will have access to objective, relevant and timely information
- Participants will be representative of the persons and groups affected
- Participants will receive reasonable support to enable meaningful and informed engagement
- Participants are informed of the ways in which the community engagement process will influence council decision-making.
Read the draft policy via the document library and share your feedback via the form below. A hard copy is available for review at the council’s Hovell St. offices.
The exhibition period closes on February 10, 2020.
It is proposed a review of the policy should take place in 12 months to allow the community to have another opportunity to have their say.