Wodonga Council has endorsed its Draft Budget for 2021-2022 for public exhibition and encourages feedback from the community.
Following a zero rate rise last year, the draft budget includes a 1.5 per cent rate rise, which means that on average, households face an increase cost of about 1 dollar per week.
This proposed rate rise is in line with the Victorian Government rate cap.
Significant projects in the budget include the following
Five ways to have your say
- Baranduda Fields
$5.2 million to continue developing the first stage, which includes two turf soccer fields, a soccer pavilion, an AFL ground, two netball courts, shared paths, change rooms and public toilets
- Converting street lighting to energy efficient LED
More than $1 million investment in more than 1000 LED lights, which are more energy efficient and require less maintenance
- Transformational opportunities
$300,000 to progress transformational opportunities, such as Gateway Island masterplan actions and improving the Bonegilla township
- Wodonga hills
$100,000 for barbecue facilities, shelters, toilets, seating and walking and bike trails
- Energy efficiency
$30,000 to improve environmental sustainability and energy efficiency at various council-owned premises – work expected to pay for itself within five years
- Click on the feedback tab here at makewodongayours.com.au to find out more and tell us what you think
- Check out our interactive map and see what's planned and share your own ideas
- Face-to-face: Look out for our Seats on the Street as we head out into the community or attend our Community Forum on Monday, June 7
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a submission by post, hand-delivered or emailed. Use the online form on our website or download our template. Submissions must include your name, address and contact details. Submissions will be published in full excluding personal details.