Wodonga Council
Complaint handling

Page URL: https://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/Contact-Us/Complaint-handling

Complaint handling

 /  Contact UsComplaint handling

Cropped hands complaint doctor desk feedback report

Wodonga Council understands that the community expects the delivery of service and interactions with staff to be personalised and responsive. 

The council is committed to providing exceptional levels of service for every customer. 

The council values the feedback that the community provides and welcomes any suggestions for improvement in relation to the services that are delivered.  
The council recognises that all members of the public have a right to complain where service delivery does not meet reasonable expectations. 
Is my query a concern or a complaint?


Notification to the council for maintenance or council assets, infrastructure or notification of hazards. Examples:

  • Report a pot hole
  • Request tree to be trimmed
  • Missed bin collection
  • Graffiti in local park

Request for service

You can do that here.

A request for information about council services, policies or procedures. Examples:

  • Confirming balance of account
  • Following up on progress of a lodged application
  • An enquiry about fees and charges
Request for service
A follow up call for a matter already notified to the council and the action taken is outside of the advised service time-frames.Complaint
Report of poor service by a council officer.Complaint
Comments provided during a public consultation session.Community feedback

Matters which relate to specific legislation cannot be considered a complaint and need to be dealt with under the requirements of the relevant legislation. 

Examples include, but are not limited to:

  • Planning permit objection - Planning and Environment Act
  • Object to a parking fine - Infringements Act
  • Report of breach of local law - Local Laws
  • Dog Barking - Domestic Animal Management Act
Legislative requirement


Making a complaint 

The council is committed to getting better and welcome your feedback. You can make a complaint through the following channels. 

Online: Complete the online form here
Phone:(02) 6022 9300
Mail: Wodonga Council, PO Box 923, Wodonga, 3689
In person: 104 Hovell St, Wodonga

Escalating your complaint

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the investigation, a senior staff member not involved in the original matter will conduct an internal review.

More options

If you still feel that your issue hasn’t been resolved, you can raise it with the Victorian Ombudsman:

Online: Contact the Ombudsman online
Phone: (03) 9613 6222
Mail or in person: Level 2, 570 Bourke Street Melbourne VIC 3000, DX210174 Melbourne