Wodonga Council
Work Experience

Page URL: https://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/Careers/Work-Experience

Work Experience

 /  CareersWork Experience

Our organisation believes that as a community leader, it has a role to play in the continuous learning of the community.

Where possible, within the constraints of available resources, we encourage our business units to participate in work experience programs by undertaking placements, and providing the required workplace education and supervision of students.

Applying for work experience

1. Forward a letter requesting work experience to our human resources officer outlining your study or career objectives and why you are interested in carrying out work experience with a particular council department. Please indicate the dates and times of when you wish to conduct work experience.

This letter can be emailed to hr@wodonga.vic.gov.au, hand-delivered to reception at 104 Hovell St, Wodonga or posted to:

Human resources officer,
Wodonga Council,
PO Box 923,
Wodonga, VIC 3689

2. The human resources officer will forward your expression of interest to the manager or team leader of your chosen department. You will be advised within 10 working days of receiving the request whether or not the council can host you as a work experience student. Managers may request to meet the student before making a decision.

3. If we can accommodate work experience, the educational institution (school, TAFE institution or university) must forward a work experience agreement to our human resources officer.

PLEASE NOTE: In order to increase the likelihood of us accommodating your request for work experience, you should send an expression of interest at least three months before you wish to commence your placement. This will give council departments an opportunity to plan tasks and projects to assign to the student, making the work experience placement valuable and meaningful.


Workers compensation cover is held by the Department of Education to cover students on placement and/or work experience. This includes students from secondary schools, TAFE institutions, universities and community colleges.

The details of this cover will be outlined in the student's work experience agreement form provided by their educational institution.

The student cannot commence their placement without this form being completed and returned to our human resources team.