Wodonga Council
New accommodation premises

Page URL: https://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/Business-Investment/Business-in-Wodonga/Accommodation-premises/New-accommodation-premises

How to become a registered prescribed accommodation premises

You must submit plans of the premise to be approved against the requirements of the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and subsequent regulations with the relevant fee.

Complete and return an application form to register a prescribed accommodation premise with the relevant fee.


The council's fees and charges are updated as of July 1. View the current fees and charges here.

What are the standards and requirements that prescribed accommodation must comply with? 

The Public Health and Wellbeing (Prescribed Accommodation) Regulations 2020  contain a set of standards and requirements that proprietors of prescribed accommodation must comply with. This regulation can be found at legislation.vic.gov.au


Consumer Affairs Victoria (CAV) have two comprehensive publications that can be obtained by contacting them directly on 1300 558 181.  These include: 

  • Rooming Houses: A Guide For Residents Owners and Manager; and
  • Rooming Houses: An Operators' Guide. 

Visit business.vic.gov.au for in-depth information on how to start a new business/obtain correct registrations.