Wodonga Council recognises the contributions of community groups, clubs and organisations in making our city a healthy, connected and thriving community where everyone belongs. At times, these groups seek financial support from the council to enable a collaborative response to local needs.
Wodonga Council’s community grants program provides opportunities for community organisations to apply for funding to support them to lead projects and initiatives that benefit the community and contribute to making Wodonga a vibrant and thriving city.
- Community Impact Grants aim to empower organisations to grow ideas and are up to the value of $4000.
- Community Partnership Grants provide seed funding to support start-up initiatives up to the value of $10,000 over one, two or three years.
- Community Infrastructure and Equipment Grants are focused on supporting capital renewal and upgrades, such as extending a community hall or installing portable wheelchair ramps or equipment for new initiatives to assist with start-up costs, such as team uniforms or balls for a newly-forming team or program. This grant is also to the value of $10,000.
- Community Sponsorship and Donations provide financial or in-kind assistance to groups and organisations to support a service, program, event or cause that will benefit the community.
- The Young Achiever Scheme provides financial assistance of up to $800 to individuals or groups of young people to participate, compete, perform or represent Wodonga in their chosen endeavour at a local, state, national or international level.
The community grants programs open twice a year. The first round is in February, with the second round opening in July.