Wodonga Council
Permits required

Page URL: https://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/About-Council/Our-City/Local-Laws/Permits-required

Permits required

 /  About CouncilOur CityLocal LawsPermits required

Please allow up to 10 working days for processing and approval of applications. 

Burning off permit

Apply here for a permit to burn.

  • The application must be submitted five working days prior to date requested to burn;
  • Permit to burn can not be issued for properties under 2000sqm;
  • A council permit is not required for properties in rural zoned land.

During a fire danger period you must apply to the CFA for a Schedule 13 Permit to conduct a burn-off. Apply online at cfa.vic.gov.au/warnings-restrictions/fire-permits/fire-danger-period-permits

Busking permit

Needed for performers wishing to perform in Wodonga on the street.

Permit is free


Heavy vehicles on private property permit

Apply here to park, keep, store or repair a vehicle weighing more than three (3) tonnes on land zoned residential.

Consent from adjoining properties is required and if you are applyling and you are not the property owner, consent from the owner is also required. Please complete and upload the adjoining neighbours consent form with this application.


Keeping of animals and birds permit

There are restrictions on the number of animals (other than dogs and cats) and birds that can be kept in a residential premise without a permit. Local law 57.1 outlines the requirements.

Apply here for a permit to keep more animals than outlined in the local law

Nature strip variation permit

A one-off application to modify the nature strip with a garden bed.


Occupation of roads/footpaths permit

Apply here for an occupation of roads permit.

Parking permit

Apply here for a permit for temporary access to designated timed parking bays for the purposes of temporary works/construction site or an event.

Real estate signage permit

Apply here for placement of temporary real estate signage for open houses or auctions.

Roadside grazing permit

Apply here to graze livestock on council managed roads.

This can be applied for as an annual permit and we will send you a renewal notice.

Shipping containers on residential land permit

Bulk containers or shipping containers are not permitted on residential land without a permit.

Apply here for a temporary permit.

If the shipping container is going to be a permanent structure you will need to apply for a building permit.

Street stalls/raffles permit

A one-off application to have staff located on High St.

Permit fee is $41


Street trading permit

Apply for a street trading permit for fixed premises.

Temporary advertising sign permit

Apply here for the placement of temporary advertising signage.

Temporary road closure permit

Apply for a temporary road closure permit for events or works.

Use this application once you have an approved traffic management plan by council.

General permit

For all other permits required under the Environment and Community Protection Local Law.