Belvoir Park is Wodonga’ s Regional Park. It is situated at Sumsion Gardens and is the premium play space in Wodonga. It provides a wide range of play activities for all ages and abilities.
The existing Belvoir Park playground was established in 2010.
The council is now beginning Stage 2 of the playground to be located directly beside the existing main play space.
In 2022, the community was consulted on the park's design.
The playground will have two flying foxes and a “ninja warrior” adventure obstacle course that has a smartphone app so people can time themselves, their friends and family and try to make it to a top 20 leaderboard.
The playground will also include:
- An all-abilities carousel that can fit two wheelchairs;
- A rope “snake swing” that up to six children can ride at once;
- A 4-metre high twisted slide and a second, smaller slide for young children;
- A 7.3-metre climbing tower with platforms and peep holes;
- A 3-metre climbing boulder; and,
- A new covered, wheelchair accessible shelter with picnic tables and a three-burner barbecue;
- A drinking fountain;
- Basket swing; and,
- A low, see-through fence between the new playground and the lake to help keep young children safe.
A new start date for construction has been set, following a delay caused by flooding. Work will now begin on February 6, 2023, and is expected to be completed by the end of June 2023.