The awards aim to recognise and acknowledge the contributions of young people and the difference they make in the community.
This is an exciting opportunity for young people to be publicly acknowledged and applauded for the many positive contributions they make to our vibrant city.
They are community-based awards, with nine categories including:
- Individual Community Service Award
- Sport and Recreation Volunteer Award
- Endurance and Resilience Award
- Commitment to Continuous Learning and Development Award
- Music and Performing Arts Award
- Visual Arts and Media Award
- Young Carer Award
- Young Worker Award
- Advocacy and Action Award
The awards are organised and run by a committee of young people from three local high schools, with the support of Wodonga Council’s youth services and events officers, over an eight-month period.
The awards culminate in a gala dinner for 220 invited guests where all finalists are recognised and the winners announced.