Wodonga Council
Driveways and easements

Page URL: https://www.wodonga.vic.gov.au/Building-Planning/Infrastructure/Driveways-and-easements

Driveways and easements

 /  Building + PlanningInfrastructureDriveways and easements


Permits for driveways and other road reserves, and building over an easement is processed by our infrastructure team and not Wodonga Building Services.

Building over an easement may include constructing a garden shed, swimming pool, garage, deck, pergola, etc.

A road reserve works permit may be needed if you are constructing a new driveway, stormwater connection, replacing an existing driveway, extending an existing driveway or to construct a second driveway.

The following fees and charges apply:

Permit type Permit fee Bond amount
Build over an easement application $294.70 -
Road reserve works permit application
- Asset protection
$85 $900
Road reserve works permit application
- Vehicle crossing
$125 $900
Road reserve works permit application
- Stormwater/road opening
$85 -