Curious. Creative. Connected. Get involved by entering the Yard Art trail
As part of the Upstream – Festival of Art + Culture, we invite you to participate in the inaugural Upstream Yard Art Competition.
Celebrating the artistic style of sculpture, the competition welcomes entries from all ages and all households and businesses within the Albury-Wodonga council areas. If you have a front yard, business premises or shop window – somewhere people can easily see your sculpture, you are welcome to be a part of this exciting new inclusion to the program.
Sculptures can be made from any one material or a combination of materials, must be 3D in nature and fall within the dimensions as set out in the guidelines. Each household or business can install one entry into their front yard, business premises or shop window for public voting.
Sculptures will be on public display for 10 days (Saturday, February 27 to Monday, March 8, 2021) over the festival and can be viewed by the general public via the online Yard Art trail map.
If you are looking for inspiration the name Upstream places the focus on the natural landmark of the Murray River and the meeting point of the two cities. Upstream Festival Art + Culture encourages, celebration, collaboration, connection and immersion.
The winning sculptures will be awarded the following prizes.
- 1st place - $1500
- 2nd place - $1000
- 3rd place - $500
- 1st place – $3000 advertising package with 2AY and a 2-hour Digital Strategy Session with Dutch Media valued at $1000 (exc GST). Terms and conditions apply - see below for details.
Winners will be determined via online voting accessible from the Upstream website and Facebook page. The household/business with the most votes will be announced the winner. The winners will be contacted by council directly.
How to enter
- Complete the online Yard Art competition online entry form below.
- Competition entries open Monday, December 14, 2020.
- Competition closes Friday, February 19, 2021
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org three images of the artwork when completed by February 19, 2021.
- Once photographs have been submitted, entrants will be emailed with a poster to download, print and write their entry number on to display in their front yard, business premises or shop window. The entry number will be accessible from the online trail map.