Community Partnership Grants provides funding for not-for-profit organisations to develop community partnerships and grow ideas in an innovative way to improve the city. The program is designed to support start-up initiatives and encourage collaboration.
Community organisations can apply for grants up to $10,000 as a one-off or as recurrent funding over two or three years (conditions apply).
The program links to the outcomes and key focus areas in the Council Plan and aims to:
- Improve environmental sustainability;
- Showcase and celebrate creative expression, development, and innovation;
- Encourage community ownership and action on a community need;
- Increase employment opportunities and support economic development for the benefit of the community;
- Support new and inspiring events which benefit the community and foster connection;
- Maximise an organisation’s potential and build capacity to become self-sustaining;
- Foster diversity and inclusion;
- Improve access to services, adequate and affordable housing, and transport networks;
- Attract visitors to the city and provide meaningful experiences during their stay; and,
- Preserve and showcase cultural heritage.