This weekend, Australia will celebrate the biggest community tree-planting and nature care event with more than 300,000 Australians volunteering their time annually to put their hands in the earth and give back to our community.
“Since its inception, National Tree Day has seen Australians plant over 25 million trees around the country. Toyota Australia is proud to have been a part of this journey and of our ongoing commitment to the environment” said Planet Ark CEO Rebecca Gilling.
While every or any day can be Tree Day, Planet Ark celebrates Schools Tree Day on Friday, July 26 and National Tree Day on Sunday, July 28.
It is an opportunity to recognise the hard work of communities around Australia and celebrate their ongoing commitment to the environment.
Why get involved?
- To connect with your community and nature
- To inspire your community to make positive change
- To inform your local community about environmental issues and encourage them to take part in future conservation of your local area
- To educate and foster the next generation
- To encourage community involvement in growing a local green canopy
How to get involved.
There are so many ways you can get involved, with two community planting events taking place around Wodonga this Sunday, July 28.
There is also a community event on Monday, July 29 with the Clyde Cameron Reserve from 11am to 1pm.
Learn more about the National event at treeday.planetark.org