Showing a little kindness can go a long way
Wodonga Council and AlburyCity are encouraging all border residents to look our for their neighbours - particularly those who are most vulnerable - and show their community spirit during COVID-19 (Coronavirus) .
We will be sharing the #kindnessiscatching messages to help our communities combat social isolation, loneliness and additional stress during this time.
General kindness tips
- Pick up the phone and call someone who you think may be lonely
- Go for a walk in nature
- Support a small business
- Be kind and patient with people who are working on the front line (supermarkets, chemists, medical facilities)
- Monitor your consumption of news
- Offer to shop or cook a meal for a friend or neighbour
- Have a virtual Friday night catch up with your friends, play board games or chat about what you've been doing
Hashtags you can use
We're also asking you to remember practice social distancing at all times, staying 1.5m away from the nearest person, wear a mask and practising good hygiene such as hand washing and coughing into your elbow or tissue.
Help your Neighbour cards
We have developed free assets for you to use (they can be downloaded below) to share the message, that kindness is catching. One of the most-utilised assets is the 'help your neighbour' cards to assist the vulnerable and isolated or those having difficulties coping in our community.