Disabled persons parking permit
We administer the Disabled Persons Parking Scheme in Wodonga. You must be a resident of Wodonga to apply for a disabled persons’ parking permit. There are two categories for different levels of disability parking labels:
- Category one - blue and white label
The holder is entitled to park a vehicle in a bay reserved for disabled motorists only, for the specified time only, or may park a vehicle in an ordinary area or bay for twice the specified time, upon payment of an initial parking fee if applicable. This is for use of a person:
- In a wheelchair or who is required to use a complex walking aid (more than one contact point on the ground) and cannot access a vehicle in a standard size parking bay; or
- An acute or chronic illness in which minimal walking may endanger his/her health; or
- A significant intellectual disability such that he/she is an extreme danger to himself/herself and others in a public place without continuous attendance by a carer
- Category two -green and white label
The holder may park a vehicle in an ordinary parking area for twice the specific time, but is not entitled to park in the reserved bay for disabled motorists only. This is for a person who has a significant ambulatory disability or severe illness which does not affect their ability to walk distances but will require rest breaks when continuous walking is undertaken.
To apply for a permit, you need to complete the application form prior to forwarding it to your doctor to sign. Once signed by your doctor and received by the council, a label will then be posted to you (please allow up to two weeks as the labels are printed by a supplier).
There is no fee for the permit. The permit is valid throughout Australia, however, you must adhere to the regulations of the municipality you are visiting.