Discover Gateway Village and be pleasantly surprised.
Situated along the Lincoln Causeway in Wodonga at Gateway Island, Gateway Village has a lot to offer locals and visitors alike.
Spending time in the village could include these activities:
- A picnic with the family in the shady picnic area, rotunda and free barbecue facility;
- Byrne Lagoon is a place for bird watchers, nature lovers and artists;
- Visit the many shops which have a focus on the arts and cultural activities;
- Enjoy lunch, coffee or wine at La Maison Cafe, which has a great reputation for its quality food;
- Have your wedding or wedding photographs taken along the majestic Murray River;
- Host your family or business event in the amphitheatre behind the village;
- A bike/walking path meanders alongside the Murray River - a perfect way to get close to nature;
- Choose from a variety of quality art and craft products at affordable prices including woodwork, art and quaint gifts for everyone;
- Come along to the fortnightly Hume Murray Farmers' Market from 8am to noon every second Saturday. For details, phone (02) 6058 2996, email email@example.com or visit hmfb.org;
- Enjoy the public art around the village or one of the many galleries including Creators' Artspace, GIGS Fine Art Gallery and the Woodcrafters Cottage;
- Catch a live show at The Butter Factory Theatre, Wodonga. For enquiries or ticket bookings, phone (02) 6021 7433, drop into the HotHouse Theatre office or visit hothousetheatre.com.au;
- Visit the home of Parklands Albury-Wodonga with its unique building hosting 'Burraja - the journey', a cultural heritage and environmental discovery centre. The Burraja Centre is widely acknowledged as an important Aboriginal training and cultural heritage tourist facility; and
- Call in to the blue stone home of Murray Arts, the local and regional arts board.
For more tourism information, please see Visit Albury-Wodonga or phone our visitor focus team on 1300 796 222.
For leasing enquiries on buildings and land at Gateway Village, please contact our economic development team on (02) 6022 9300 during office hours.
|Gateway Village precinct on dusk.|
Gateway Village map - updated 2014 (PDF 495KB)
Gateway tenants photographic map - updated 2014 (PDF 2889KB)
Last updated: 13/07/2015